GHZ General Photography Competition - Rules and Submission
- Entrants must be over 16. No professional photographers please.
- E-mail your submission, including the details requested HERE (use the form if you wish or just e-mail) and your small images to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Images should have a maximum resolution of: width = 1024 pixels, height = 768 pixels, JPEG.
- Please name your files numerically if you submit more than one, i.e Image 1, Image 2 etc. Use the form above to title the images and include a description if you wish.
- No pornography, nudes or otherwise offensive, racist or inflammatory material.
- No portraiture I’m afraid.
- A PayPal payment of £3.00 per image (no more than 6 images or £15) should be sent to email@example.com quoting the username and password stated above. Once confirmed I’ll send you a receipt by e-mail and upload your image/s.
- The winner and 2nd & 3rd runners up will be required to send a set of ten images at maximum resolution. These will be displayed in individual galleries with an interview , slideshow and ‘buy’ button (if the user wishes).
- The deadline for entries is 30th November 2012. No submissions will be accepted after this date.
- Winners will be announced on 15th December
- Winners who want to be featured on the site must adhere to the normal site rules for featured photographers.
- At no point does GHZ own your images or will they use them without your consent other than on blogs and social network sites affiliated with GHZ. Credit will always been given to the artist with a link to their website etc.
- Winnings will be paid via Paypal or cheque.
- Sorry but GHZ’s featured photographers aren’t not eligible to apply for this competition.
- By submitting your work you agree that you have permission to use the image, the likeness of any individuals featured in the image and that it’s your own work. GHZ Photography, affiliated sites and Gareth Hoyle accept no liability for any issues arising from images breaching the law. Any images found to oppose this rule will be removed from the competition immediately. The poster accepts full responsibility for any images posted and any legal issues that arise from it. GHZ has the right to reject your submission (refund provided) or remove your image from the site at any time (refund dependent on reason for removal)
- Refunds will only be considered in special circumstances and are entirely down to the site owner’s discretion.
We will send you an invite to a dropbox folder so you can transfer your winning images. Initial small resolution images should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Photos are judged on the following criteria by judges (tba) picked by GHZ Photography as well as GHZ Photography owner Gareth Hoyle:-
- Technical Quality
- Subject ‘interestingness’
- Compositional quality
By submitting images and paying the entry fee you agree to the terms above and the general terms of GHZ Photography and its affiliated sites.
We wish you every success and thanks for taking part!! – GHZ-P